Friday, November 09, 2012

Grand Central Station

The day after D proposed, once I had regained my composure and stopped literally hopping around with happiness, we went back to Grand Central Station to take a few pictures.  One-armed picture-taking with a DSLR is almost impossible, and our phones weren't up to the task in the dimly-lit station.
 Luckily, we met the nicest tourist from Spain.  His name was Fernando and he took pictures with our camera and with his (nicer, fancier) camera that he was obviously a little more comfortable using.  They. Were. Stunning.
And then he sent us these pictures, along with the most eloquent email I think I've ever received.  Puts my grasp on English to shame, even though it's my first (and only) language and he was obviously a native Spanish speaker.
As Fernando put it, "In a great display of serendipity, behind you there was a recently married couple taking their own pictures. I didn't even notice this detail until I saw the pictures in my computer. A premonition of the future."

10 comments:

Marisa A. said...

omg that is amazing! Couldn't have turned out better, and I absolutely love the married couple in the background. Perfect engagement photo!

Amber said...

Those photos are gorgeous, I love the one with the couple getting married in the background. You should definitely display that on your wedding day :)

Charleen said...

That is really cool. Definitely a keeper, that last picture.

Kristina Richie said...

That is so precious and serendipitous indeed! What a beautiful location, I can't believe of all the times I've been to NY I've never been there. Such a perfect memory for you two! :)

Also, where is a shot of the ring!? I'm dying over here!!! ;)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is so cool! I am glad someone beautifully captured this evening for you! You both look so happy!!! And that photo with the bride and groom in the background is SO cool!!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

What a memorable way to kick off celebrations of your engagement. Plus, that Spanish tourist probably knew about your engagement before a lot of your friends and family did! =)

iris said...

Grand Central is really quite lovely. You two look so happy :)

Journey Authentically said...

Adorable and the photos definitely turned out great. You two are a well-matched couple :) And I love those moments--when you run into the loveliest of strangers!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Awww...that's great! What a nice find (the Spaniard). Did you just stop him out of the blue and he turned out to be awesome?

Alice said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE everything about this story. i love that Fernando ended up being so nice! and that he had a fancy camera AND sent you pictures from it! and that there's a married couple in the background! seriously, what a serendipitous run of events :)