Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The ABC's of me

This has been going around the blogosphere lately so I'd thought I'd fill it out too. If you've done it or plan to, leave me a link in the comment!

Age: 26 (but I’m turning 27 in May--yikes!)
Bed size: Full, which was plenty until I started sharing it with D. Now we want to buy a queen, but I’m hesitant to drop the cash. We’re both small people, we should be able to fit in a full just fine. If only *someone* didn’t hog the bed (it’s not me!).
Chore you dislike: Cleaning the floors. Every time I sweep, swiffer, and then mop, I turn around to find pieces of lint and dirt that I missed. It drives me nuts. I’m kind of insane about clean floors (you walk across them before you crawl into bed! ew!) and I wash them about once a week. Really.
Dogs: No, thank you. I’m much more a cat person. A nice, quiet, cuddly cat.
Essential start to your day: I’d like to say Starbucks but since I don’t drink caffeine anymore (sigh) I’ll just say some hot herbal tea and a good breakfast. I love breakfast so much; it’s my favorite meal of the day.
Favorite color: RED! Everything I own is red.
Gold or silver: Silver.
Height: 5’2” ish
Instruments you play(ed): Used to kind of play the piano, but now I can’t play anything.
Job title: Overqualified secretary. Not really, but some days I feel like that’s all I do.
Kids: No, thank you. Not now, probably not ever (no one believes me when I say this) but I just love that my friends are starting to have kids. I get really excited for other people’s babies.
Live: Chicago, Illinois...for now.
Mom’s name: Rebecca
Nicknames: Ris, risa, risbug, bug, half pint (my dad)
Overnight hospital stays: Jaw surgery three years ago. Blech, it was awful. Although the hospital was really nice. It was this where they only did elective surgeries, so a lot of people go there for lypo, plastic surgery, lapband, etc. Too bad I was in too much pain to enjoy it.
Pet peeve: Oh, there are so many. Slow walkers, meanies, negative nancies, people who don’t say “thank you” or “excuse me.” I could go on and on.
Quote from a movie: “Meh, eh, uh, FINE BY ME!” This is actually from Friends, where Ross pretends to be hurt and upset and then screams this at Rachel. I quote this more often than I should probably admit.
Righty or Lefty: Righty, although I hold my pen with a hook, like a lefthanded person. People will often go “wait a minute, are you lefthanded?” or “you hold your pen so strangely.”
Siblings: one younger sister.
Time you wake up: 7am on weekdays, usually can’t sleep later than 8am on weekends.
Underwear: Yes, please.
Vegetables you don’t like: beets, cooked carrots.
What makes you run late: Other people. Like, I’m with a big group and they’re running late. Or the bus/train didn’t come when it said it would. When I’m in control of all the variables, I’m almost never late. Being late gives me fits.
X-Rays you’ve had: My back, when I hyperextended it jumping off a bridge (all my friends were doing it!), and my jaw/teeth/etc. so many times I can’t even count.
Yummy food you make: I don’t make food, I only eat it.
Zoo animal favorite: Elephants. I love elephants so much.

4 comments:

lawyerish said...

Being late gives me fits, too! I dated a guy for a few years who was ALWAYS late and it about gave me a nervous breakdown. I felt so rude showing up late but he was totally nonchalant about it. Ugh!

Meredith Travels said...

"I don't make food. I only eat it."

Cracked me up!!

sharonvictoria said...

It's a slow day at work, I'm going to do this!

Ingrid and Johannes said...

This made it's way to me so I just had to talk about me. http://walkingbetweenthegrapevines.blogspot.com/2012/02/about-me-z_04.html